Learn This Secret Before Hiring a Home Inspector – Not After!
Most of today’s home inspectors come to the market with either no builders background or years in another unrelated trade. Real estate insiders secretly know that home inspection is a relatively cheap and easy way to start a new career after being laid off, or for anyone looking to be self-employed. After a few thousand dollars and a couple of months of study, you pass state test – and *boom* you are now a home inspector.
If this sounds a little “iffy” when you find yourself choosing a home inspector, you’re right. You know thousands, or even tens of thousands of your dollars are riding on your home inspector’s acumen.
So, you know you need the home inspector with the right stuff, but what do you look for? It’s the rare combination of expert prior builder’s experience, and years of property inspection Brett Kelley from Chicago Inspection Agency brings to the table. Here’s why:
Great Builders Make
Great Home Inspectors
You can’t understate prior experience in the construction industry in the process of molding great home inspectors. After years of hand’s on experience in building homes, the exact nature of their construction and eventual breakdown is second nature for Brett. This not only assures you a top quality home inspection, but then Brett offers his personal value-add – advice on remediation, approximate pricing, and real customer advocacy – you’ll find immensely valuable. While book educated home inspectors repeatedly defer their customers to “call a qualified ‘<tradesman’s name here>’, for prices and information”, the CIA customer already has that information (and no doubts on the quality of their inspectors knowledge). In short, this is what makes the difference between an average home inspector a great home inspector. It could make thousands of dollars in difference to you.
Chicago Inspection Agency’s
Brett Kelley – In Detail
Because classroom education or experience in one trade isn’t enough, in addition to being a union carpenter (Elgin Local #363), Mr. Kelley has gone much further in breadth and depth of experience:
- Built Over 1000 homes since 1978.
- Construction manager for a prestigious north shore firm.
- Vice-president of the carpentry division of one of the largest construction companies in Illinois.
Training and certification in professional property inspection standards, field tested professional home inspection results, and a long record of customer satisfaction complete the picture:
- Graduate of American Home Inspectors Training Institute
- Certified Master Inspector (highest honor) interNAHCI (International Association of Certified Home Inspectors)
- Licensed The State of Illinois (#450.001060) home inspector
- Over 8000+ home inspections, mold inspection, and other indoor air quality inspections since opening in 2004
- Accredited with “A” rating for highest honesty and integrity as a home inspector by the Better Business Bureau.*
(Click BBB link below or on left side of page for detailed listing.
Meet the CIA folks and get a free quote – Just Call:
- Brett (847) 322-2383 or
- Holly (847) 505-9240
Chicago Inspection Agency Thanks You!